Wednesday 28th February
Did you know these things happened in March?
Are you a March baby? Here are some famous dates in March as well as celebrities who were born on the same day as you.
Just when you think the new calendar year has settled in, March is a busy time in Australia with ANZAC Day late in the month as well as Easter more often than not landing in early to mid-month.
The fourth month of the year is also the time it happens to get cooler in Sydney with autumn starting to bring in the cool breezes.
So what other famous dates in March are there?
What happens in March Star Signers' Lives
The zodiac signs for the month of March are Pisces (until March 20) and Aries (March 21 to April 19).
Pisces personality traits
According to astrology-zodiac-signs.com:
Strengths: Compassionate, artistic, intuitive, gentle, wise, musical
Weaknesses: Fearful, overly trusting, sad, desire to escape reality, can be a victim or a martyr
Pisces likes: Being alone, sleeping, music, romance, visual media, swimming, spiritual themes
Pisces dislikes: Know-it-all, being criticized, the past coming back to haunt, cruelty of any kind
Aries personality traits
According to astrology-zodiac-signs.com:
Strengths: Courageous, determined, confident, enthusiastic, optimistic, honest, passionate
Weaknesses: Impatient, moody, short-tempered, impulsive, aggressive
Aries likes: Comfortable clothes, taking on leadership roles, physical challenges, individual sports
Aries dislikes: Inactivity, delays, work that does not use one's talents
Famous March birthday dates in Australia
1st. Ivan Cleary (rugby league coach, former player)
2nd. Rebel Wilson (Hollywood actress)
3rd. George Miller (film director)
4th. Ray Price (former rugby league player)
5th. Nicole Pratt (former tennis player)
6th. Steve Vizard (actor/comedian/TV producer)
7th. Craig Polla-Mounter (former rugby league player)
8th. Matthew Nable (actor, former rugby league player)
9th. Lucas Neill (former soccer player)
10th. Jason Croker (former rugby league player)
11th. Rupert Murdoch (media mogul)
12th. Jamie Dwyer (field hockey player)
13th. George Rose (former rugby league player)
14th. Bruce Reid (former cricket player)
15th. Christine Anu (singer)
16th. Brett Kenny (former rugby league player)
17th. Aaron Baddeley (golfer)
18th. Dick Smith (businessman)
19th. Joe Dolce (singer)
20th. Ian Moss (Cold Chisel guitarist, musician)
21st. Jason King (former rugby league player)
22nd. Harry Vanda (musician and producer)
23rd. Kyrie Irving (basketball player)
24th. Darren Lockyer (former rugby league player)
25th. Erika Heynatz (model/actress)
26th. Jon English (actor, died in 2016)
27th. Andrew Farriss (musician from INXS)
28th. Tony Barber (TV host)
29th. Elle Macpherson (supermodel)
30th. Samantha Stosur (tennis player)
31st. Angus Young (guitarist for AC/DC)
Famous dates in March around the world
1. Beer day (Iceland)
3. World Wildlife Day
8. International Women's Day
12. Arbor Day (China)
14. Pi Day
19. Father's Day (Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Italy, Honduras, and Bolivia)
20. March equinox
21. Harmony Day (Australia)
22. Emancipation Day (Puerto Rico)
23. Pakistan Day (Pakistan)
25. Revolution Day (Greece)
What happens in March
• March is the third month of the Gregorian calendar.
• It’s the beginning of Autumn in the southern hemisphere, spring in the northern hemisphere.
• The name of March comes from the word Martius and was the first month of the earliest Roman calendar. March was named after Mars (same as the planet), the Roman god of war. He was also knowb as a guardian of agriculture and an ancestor of the Roman people through his sons Romulus and Remus.
• March, or Martius as it was known, was the first month of the Roman calendar until about 153 BC. Several religious observances in the first half of the month were originally new year's celebrations.
• March's birthstones are aquamarine and bloodstone. These represent courage.
• Its birth flower is the daffodil
Celebrate your next birthday at Lantern Club
Unsure where to hold your next birthday party? Lantern Club is the perfect venue with amazing food and service to make it a celebration to remember. To book, call Lantern Club on (02) 8037 8200.