Australians sure know how to celebrate New Year’s Eve and with good reason. We live in an amazing country where opportunities to enjoy the best of life are all around us. We have a lot to be thankful for so every New Year’s Eve we take the time to rejoice in the year that’s been and look forward to how much better the following year can be.
To help you and your family and friends bring in the New Year in style, our amazing chefs have created a Mediterranean-inspired summer menu with a modern Australian twist that you simply must experience. You’ll enjoy an abundance of extraordinary European flavours combined with the freshest local seasonal produce. Some of the headline dishes include:
- Freshly shucked Sydney Rock Oysters, either natural with red wine and shallot vinaigrette, or oven baked with crispy bacon and house specialty Kilpatrick sauce.
- Twice cooked pork belly with braised green puy lentils, vegetable ragout and caramelised pineapple glaze.
- Fruits of the Sea in the Basket featuring battered scallop, salt and pepper fish, fried squid, tempura prawns, lime aioli and potato fries.
- Beef fillet, scotch fillet and Angus beef rump steaks cooked just the way you like it, served with onion rings, confit truss cherry tomatoes and a side of potato fries, with your choice of pepper sauce, mushroom sauce or red wine jus.
- Tiramisu with mascarpone cheese, savoiardi, coffee, cream and chocolate dust.
- Caramelised vanilla crème brûlée with macaroon and fresh raspberries.
And what New Year’s Eve celebrations would be complete without a range of first-class beverages to enjoy with your meal and on into the evening. We’ve paired the delicious food on offer with an extensive beer and wine list and we’ll pop the corks on our premium champagnes as we say goodbye to 2015 and welcome in the New Year.
Once you’ve finished your meal and reminisced with family and friends over a drink or two, it will be time to hit the dance floor to the awesome sounds of LeFunk. This unique, high energy live duo will entertain you well into the night with their funk-rock sound that people of all ages will love. Covering artists such as Queen, Michael Jackson, Pink, Katy Perry, Elvis, Tina Turner and The Beatles, there’s something for everyone to get up and dance to as they play a mix of your favourite tracks spanning the decades and criss-crossing various genres.
Be quick to make your reservations because space is limited and if history is anything to go by, MàZi Restaurant will be booked out in no time. Either call the Maitre D’ on (02) 8037 8200 to book your table or fill out our online booking form for groups of up to 40 people.
We can’t wait to help you celebrate 2015 in the best possible way and count down the year’s final moments as we bring in what promises to be an amazing year for you, your family and friends, and Lantern Club in Roselands.